Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512, all notifications of claimed copyright infringement on the SmartHost network should be sent ONLY to our Designated Agent.
NOTE: The Following Information is provided solely for notifying SmartHost that your copyrighted material may have been infringed.
WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER'S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
DO NOT SEND ANY INQUIRIES UNRELATED TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (E.G., REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OF SPAMMING, ETC.) TO THE CONTACT LISTED BELOW. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE IF SENT TO THAT CONTACT.
Written notification MUST be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
ATTN: Legal Dept
PO Box 50767
Henderson, NV 89016-0767
IMPORTANT NOTE: IN THE EVENT YOU SEND US A NOTICE OF ANY KIND VIA EMAIL AND DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM US, PLEASE SUBMIT A DUPLICATE COPY VIA PHYSICAL MAIL. DUE TO THE VAGARIES OF THE INTERNET, AND EMAIL COMMUNICATION IN PARTICULAR, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE BURDENS OF SPAM AND THE OCCASIONAL, UNINTENDED EFFECTS OF SPAM FILTERS, SENDING AN ALTERNATE FORM OF NOTICE (VIA PHYSICAL MAIL), WILL HELP ASSURE THAT YOUR NOTICE WILL BE RECEIVED BY US AND ACTED ON IN A TIMELY MANNER.
If you believe a website hosted by SmartHost infringes a copyright, you MUST provide the following information to the Designated Agent identified above (Title 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512) :
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or authorized agent;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information regarding how we may contact you (for example, mailing address, telephone number, E-mail address);
- A statement that the copyright owner or its authorized agent has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and made under penalty of perjury, and, if an agent is providing the notification, a statement that the agent is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please be aware that, in order to be effective, your notice of claim must comply with the detailed requirements set forth in the DMCA. You are encouraged to review them (Title 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512) before sending your claim.